The Maine Arts Commission offers tailored workshops to suit the needs of constituents throughout the state. Community members can contact the agency to request workshops on any topic that they would like to learn about in the cultural sector. Recent workshop requests have included grant writing, marketing, website development and tracking the success of online marketing.
At times the Maine Arts Commission works with experts in the field to provide important information to people in the cultural sector and beyond. You can find current workshops listed below.
2013-14 Mega-Regional Workshops
The Mega-regional workshops will take place in four locations to provide all-day free professional development opportunities in arts education. The cost is $20 per person and five and a half contact hours are available for full-day participation. The workshop facilitators are the MAAI teacher leaders from all three phases. All participants must pre-register. Join us for this unique opportunity!
Dates and Locations
All Mega-regional workshops will take place between 8:15 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.
- 8:15am: Registration begins
- 8:45am: Opening Session Morning Workshops
- 9:10 -10:20am: Session I
- 10:20 -10:35am:Break
- 10:35 - 11:45am: Session II
- Lunch 11:45am - 12:45pm: Participants on their own (Ellsworth site only: Student Council providing lunch for a donation)
- 12:45 - 3:00pm Afternoon workshops: Session III Large group
We Want to Hear from You!
The Maine Arts Commission is looking for artists, arts organizations, economic development professionals, educators, government & elected officials, tourism officials and anyone who is passionate about the arts, to attend a feedback meeting.
The purpose of these meetings is to:
- Inform us of your perceptions of the cultural industry in Maine.
- Learn about successful current relationships that exist across sectors.
- Explore potential benefits and outcomes of smarter partnerships across sectors.
- Lay the groundwork for obtaining other types of input.
Meetings will be held:
- April 22, 10 - 11:30 a.m. One Longfellow Square, 181 State Street, Portland, ME 04101
- April 22, 2 - 3:30 p.m. River Tree Arts, 35 Western Avenue, Kennebunk, ME 04043
- April 23, 10 - 11:30 a.m. Harlow Gallery, 160 Water Street, Hallowell, ME 04347
- April 23, 6 - 7:30 p.m. Maine Museum of Art, 40 Harlow Street, Bangor, ME 04401
- April 24, 10 - 11:30 a.m. Waterfall Arts, 256 High Street, Belfast, ME 04915
Click here to register for one of these free meetings!
‘Get Funded: Grant Workshop for ARTISTS!’
This workshop is scheduled for Wednesday, April 23, 2014 from 4:00-5:30 pm at the Central Gallery located at 89 Central Street, Bangor, Maine. The presenters are Meg Shorette, KAHBANG Arts; Kathy Ann Shaw, Maine Arts Commission; Jason Bird, City of Bangor; and representation from the Commission on Cultural Development (TBD).
Calling all ARTISTS! This workshop is for YOU! Please join KAHBANG Arts as we host representatives from the Maine Arts Commission, the City of Bangor and the Commission on Cultural Development for our spring session of Get Funded: Grant Workshop for ARTISTS! This workshop will highlight spring grants offered by the Maine Arts Commission and introduce the City of Bangor’s Commission on Cultural Development to those who may be unfamiliar with their process.
This workshop will identify:
- How to seek the best grant opportunity for you.
- What you need to have in place before you seek a grant.
- The grant seeking process and identifying appropriate funding sources.
- Grant “Do’s and Don’ts.”
For more information including directions please contact Meg Shorette at 207/462-0524 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To participate fully in this activity or to request an accommodation, please contact Kathy Ann Shaw at 207/287-2750 no later than two weeks prior to the event.
If you would like the Maine Arts Commission to visit your community contact Kathy Ann Shaw at 207/287-2750 or email@example.com.