Ticket to Ride
This program provides funding to defray the cost of travel for Maine PK-12 schools wishing to visit Maine arts based venues and events as a part of a well rounded curriculum. The goals of the trip should support student learning and be aligned with the visual and/or performing arts standards. PK-12 schools in Maine are eligible to apply for up to $300. PK-12 Maine schools with a documented free and reduced lunch student population of 50 percent or greater are to eligible apply for up to $500 each school year.
Applications are accepted throughout the year and funding will be made available approximately one month after they are submitted. Schools may apply more than once a year as long as they are applying to attend a different event or bringing a different student population.
Completed applications will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis and will be approved by the Director of Arts of Education the Maine Arts Commission upon receipt. Submissions are reviewed on a non-competitive basis and will be awarded throughout the school year until all available funds have been dispersed.
Funding can only be paid to the applying school’s district office using the school district state of Maine vendor code. It is your responsibility to furnish the Maine Arts Commission with your school district’s vendor code in the application and to alert your district that funds for your school will be dispersed to them.
- Please click on the "ApplicationForm" at the bottom of this page. Once the file is opened in a new window, please download the form and and fill out the Ticket to Ride application form.
- Save the form in the following way: SchoolName_TTR.PDF
- Please attach your completed application form to an e-mail with “TTR Application” in the subject line and send to Priscilla Kelley at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- When your application has been received and reviewed you will receive email notification of approval.
- Within two weeks following your trip, the Maine Arts Commission requires the submission of follow-up documentation that includes teacher feedback and student work samples of the experience. A link to the Follow-up Form is provided in the TTR funding approval email. This final report will help agency staff when writing grants in order to secure future funding of the Ticket to Ride program.
Funding information is available in large print format by request. All Maine Arts Commission programs are accessible to people with disabilities. All programs funded by the Maine Arts Commission must also be accessible.