The Maine Arts Commission is pleased to be working with the Atlantic Presenters Association to support Maine performing artists wishing to showcase at the 2016 Contact East Conference. The agency is also proud to be partnering with regional arts organizations Launchpad, LA Arts, and Creative Portland in promoting the opportunity.
The 2016 Contact East Conference will be held in Saint John New Brunswick, September 22-25, and the Maine Arts Commission will cover the application fee of the first ten (10) Maine artists/groups interested in showcasing. Application deadline is March 31, 2016.
Contact East is Atlantic Canada's premiere performing arts booking conference. The event is made up of high-quality showcases, provocative speakers, professional development sessions, and informal meetings and networking. Each year the conference brings together performing arts presenters and in-demand, tour-ready performing artists to showcase contemporary and classical music, dance, theatre, and youth-oriented programming.
Showcasing artists are chosen through a juried system administered by the conference, so applicants need to be tour-ready and of high caliber. This means artists/groups must:
- Be able to tour in Canada in 2017
- Have strong work samples for the application
- Have a solid showcase performance (15 to 20 minutes)
- Have a professional web and social media presence
- Possess business cards/ sample cd/dvd, one sheets, etc. share with booking presenters
- Have enough experience to know about touring dynamics (everyone on the tour has a passport, you have experience with contracts, you have an understanding of tour logistics, etc.)
|Learn more about the Contact East Conference|
|From the Contact East site you can access the ‘I Want to Showcase’ system|
There are several other terrific showcasing opportunities through I Want to Showcase, however, Contact East is the only one the application subsidy is good for.
Maine presenters that are interested in attending Contact East can apply for travel support through the New England Foundation for the Arts Presenter Travel Fund.
For more information please contact Kerstin GilgDirector of Media Arts and Performing Arts at the Maine Arts Commission207/ 287-6719 - email@example.com