Arts Education: The Measure of Success
Arts Education: The Measure of Success Biennial Statewide Conference is being presented by the Maine Arts Commission’s Maine Arts Leadership Initiative. Now in phase 5, the MAAI has 74 Teacher Leaders who have provided over 100 workshops to almost 1500 educators. We are proud to continually offer high quality professional development opportunities and The Measure of Success proves to continue this tradition.
The one-day conference will be held on Friday, October 9, 2015 at Point Lookout Conference Center in Northport, Maine from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The conference offers a rich choice of workshops facilitated by some of Maine’s finest educators and artists.
Maine Arts Education: The Measure of Success conference participants will:
- Participate in a dynamic format of 5 x 5 presentations (9 topics, 5 minutes, 5 images).
- Attend arts education workshops that are facilitated by colleagues.
- Explore assessment methods and strategies designed to expand teaching and learning the proficiency-based education environment.
- Build connections among the arts disciplines: dance, media arts, music, theatre and visual art.
- Provide networking opportunities.
- Learn more about creativity, literacy, authentic assessment, technology, and much more!
Educators, teaching artists and PK-higher education visual and performing arts teachers are encouraged to attend. The event promises to provide participants with a plethora of insights and choices for teaching in the proficiency-based education environment.
Phase 5 of the Maine Arts Leadership Initiative is focusing on understanding and implementing standards-based arts education within dance, media arts, music, theatre, and visual art.
For more information please contact Argy Nestor, Director of Arts Education at email@example.com or 207/287-2713.