Biennial Arts Ed Conference FAQ
Before the Conference
How do I register for the conference?
- Registration for Maine Arts Education: The Measure of Success is done through the Maine Arts Commission website. Details, including costs and deadlines are on the Registration page.
- The Workshop page includes the title, description, a photo of the workshop leader(s), and a 1-minute video to help you select two workshops you would like to attend during the afternoon Breakout Sessions.
- Payment is accepted using a purchase order number from your school/district, or a credit card, or personal check. The cost of the conference is $90 if you pay with a credit card.
- After you have registered, you will receive a confirmation via email from Great Gatherings, the organization who is working with us.
Is there something that I can provide to my administrator that would support my attendance to the Maine Arts Education: The Measure of Success conference?
- Click here to download a PDF Letter of Support.
Is it appropriate if I ask my administrators to attend as well?
- Absolutely! Yes.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
- You can receive a refund, less a $25.00 transaction fee for conference registration up to two weeks prior to the conference (September 25, 2015). No refund available after September 25, 2015.
Can students attend the conference?
- Yes. Undergraduate students are encouraged to attend. All undergraduate students with a valid student ID can attend for $10.00.
Who do I notify if I have special needs?
- The registration has a space for you to indicate special needs.
Are overnight accommodations available?
- Yes, there are cabins to rent at Point Lookout and several other locations within a 10-30 minute drive (Belfast to the north and Camden, Rockport, Rockland to the south). We provided a list for you on the Lodging page.
Is it possible for conference attendees who are staying overnight at Point Lookout to secure a room and pay no taxes?
- If your school/district is paying for the overnight room and you have proof of the tax-exempt status, yes participants can pay for the room and pay no taxes.
What should I do to prepare for the conference?
- Visit the conference website and follow the Maine Arts Education blog.
- Please note: The Measure of Success conference is committed to doing our part for the environment by going paperless. We encourage you to print what you think you may need from the website, i.e. the schedule and map.
- Consider bringing an item for a door prize. If you have a donation, please email Argy at email@example.com.
Who do I contact if I have additional questions?
- Please contact Argy Nestor, Director of Arts Education at firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.
During the Conference
What can I expect from the conference format?
- Maine Arts Education: The Measure of Success will have a full morning with all the attendees designed to provide participants with a plethora of information and ideas.
- One segment of the morning, 5X5, will be similar to a Pecha Kucha format. Each of the nine workshop leaders scheduled for the afternoon will provide you with an overview in 5 minutes with 5 slides.
- Once you hear and see the 5X5s you may decide to change your mind about the workshops that you selected for your online registration.
- All the workshop leaders will provide their resources electronically. They will be available early in September for all registered participants to access. This will provide you with the opportunity to review the resources beforehand.
Will contact hours be provided?
- 6 Contact Hours will be provided for you at the end of the day.
Will meals be provided?
- The Measure of Success will offer coffee and tea in the morning, lunch and an afternoon snack.
- Accommodations for specific dietary needs can be requested on the registration form.
Where do I park my car?
- The morning sessions through lunchtime will take place in Erickson Hall. There is a large parking lot located near the hall. The afternoon sessions will take place in the athenaU Education Center that has a small parking area.
Will there be internet service?
- You will have free access to the internet through the Point Lookout Conference Center.