Application Deadline: March 21, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Maximum award: $2,500
The Project Grant for Artists supports creative projects throughout Maine, assisting artists with the creation of new work and the continuation of existing arts programs. Projects can be in any artistic discipline and on any scale.
No match or nonprofit affiliation is required.
You are eligible to apply if you meet all of the following criteria:
- Have resided full-time in Maine for at least one year immediately prior to the application deadline.
- Will reside full-time in Maine throughout the project period.
- Are at least 18 years of age or older by the application deadline.
- Are not a student enrolled in a degree or certificate-granting program.
- Are in compliance with final reports required for any previous Maine Arts Commission awards received.
Please log into our Grants Management System. Your account is free and you can browse grant guidelines and requirements for all programs without applying. Your account also gives you the ability to add your entry to our Artists and Organizations Directory and to post press releases and events to this site's news and calendar sections.
Agency staff are always here as a resource for you. We recommend contacting the correct staff person a minimum of two-weeks prior to submitting your application.
For specific questions about the Project Grant for Artists please contac the appropriate agency staff person based on the discipline of your application.
- Craft and Visual Arts applicants: Julie Horn, Visual Arts Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-287-2790.
- Media Arts and Performing Arts applicants: Mr. Kerstin Gilg, Media and Performing Arts Director at email@example.com or 207-287-6719.
- Traditional Arts applicants: Kathleen Mundell, Traditional Arts Specialist at moc.oohay@1002secruoserlarutluc or 207-236-6741.
- Literary Arts applicants: Julie Richard, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-287-2710.
Grant information is available in large print format by request. All Maine Arts Commission programs are accessible to people with disabilities. All programs funded by the Maine Arts Commission must also be accessible.
Get Started in our Grants Management System (GMS)
Need More Help?
For General Questions:
Director of Grants & Accessibility
Kerstin Gilg: 287-6719
Help by Discipline:
Performing & Media Arts Director
Kerstin Gilg: 287-6719
Visual Arts Director
Julie Horn: 287-2790
Arts Education Director
Argy Nestor: 287-2713
Traditional Arts Specialist
Kathleen Mundell: 236-6741