Maine Arts AwardsDeadline: April 1, 2019Maximum Award: Commissioned artworkRequired Match: NoneAward Cycle: July 1 June 30
The Maine Arts Commission and ArtsEngageME are pleased to be partnering on the Maine Arts Awards – a program to recognize and celebrate the arts in our communities.
The Maine Arts Awards is an annual recognition of individuals and organizations that have contributed to arts within the state. It is not a cash grant. The award takes the form of a celebratory event in which awardees are presented with a specially-commissioned piece of work by a Maine artist. A person or organization can be nominated in the following areas: Business (large >50 employees), Business (small< 50 employees), Arts-Education, Community, Artist, Rural Organization, and Philanthropist. Apply through the GMS here.
The first Maine Arts Awards ceremony took place during the Maine International Conference on the Arts on September 28, 2018.
Any Maine citizen, organization, business, school, or community may be a Maine Arts Awards nominee. Accomplishments of a nominee should reflect substantial contributions made in Maine that exemplify a long-term commitment to the arts. Categories for nominations include; Business Large (50 employees or over), Business Small (under 50 employees), Arts-Education, Community, Artist, Rural Organization, and Philanthropist.
- Any Maine citizen that meets the eligibility requirements can make a nomination to the Maine Arts Awards.
- Any Maine citizen, organization, business, school, or community that meets the eligibility requirements may be nominated for a Maine Arts Award.
You are eligible to be a nominator if you meet the following criteria:
- Currently reside in Maine.
- Have resided full-time in Maine for at least one year immediately prior to the nomination deadline.
- Are 18 years of age or older by the nomination deadline.
You are eligible be a nominee if you have made significant contributions to the arts in Maine and:
- Are an individual currently residing in Maine who is 18 years or older.
- Are an organization, business, school, or community located in Maine.
- Will have been full-time in Maine for at least one year immediately prior to the nomination deadline.
- You will reside full-time in Maine throughout the Award period.
- You have not previously received a Maine Artists Award.
Previous Maine Arts Awards recipients are not eligible for nomination, but nomination of previously unselected nominees is encouraged. Current Maine Arts Commission board members, ArtsEngageMe board members, staff members, contractors or members of their families are not eligible for nomination.
Please join us in celebrating those who have made a difference in your community or region through the arts, and make a nomination today!
ArtsEngageME is a 501c3 organization dedicated to building an environment that engages all sectors, public and private, across the State to promote the awareness and value of the creative and cultural sectors, and to invest in their sustainability. The Maine Arts Awards contain elements of the Arts Commission's five-year cultural plan, and ArtEngageME's strategic plan.
For more information about ArtsEngageME and the Maine Arts Awards, please contact Executive Director Julie Richard - firstname.lastname@example.org