- October 04, 2018
Full Time exempt status
Position starts: January 2, 2019
Waterville Creates! (WC!) seeks a highly qualified and dynamic Administrative Assistant to serve as a valuable member of its collaborative organization. Reporting to the Vice President, the Administrative Assistant will provide critical support to the leadership team of Waterville Creates! This position will serve as office manager, ensuring all aspects of the office are well organized and presented in a professional, efficient manner and provide critical support to the leadership team. The administrative assistant will coordinate meetings, help manage schedules, draft correspondence related to key WC! initiatives, and organize all aspects related to monthly board meetings. Support for additional projects as required.
- Oversee all aspects of office management: order office supplies, open and stamp mail, answer and direct phone inquiries to appropriate staff, greet visitors to administrative offices and gallery.
- Assist with bookkeeping: process invoices, submit biweekly hourly and salaried payroll and biweekly retirement deductions, print checks on a weekly basis, submit weekly deposits, research inquiries in Quickbooks.
- Assist with documentation for vendor contracts, state sales tax, annual reports, and contract negotiations.
- Assist President, Vice President, and executive leadership with coordination of internal and external meetings, correspondence with key stakeholders and artists, and ordering print materials.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Communicate with vendors regarding service needs and other matters.
- Coordinate and maintain records for staff office space, phones, company credit cards, and office keys.
- Serve as coordinator for staff and board meetings, organizing board materials and distributing to board of directors in a timely manner, take minutes as needed.
- Assist with grant management.
- Assist with database management, membership tracking, drafting acknowledgement and solicitation letters, and coordinating logistics in conjunction with the coordinator for special projects.
- Oversee criminal background checks.
- Provide additional support as needed for WC! events and activities.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to meet established deadlines. Enthusiastic and positive demeanor, creative problem solver
- Exceptional writing ability, capable of working independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Passion and dedication to arts and culture, artists, and community initiatives
- B.A. or equivalent experience
- Criminal background check required
Work is performed in a general office environment. Light lifting (up to 50 pounds) required. Full range of physical mobility including walking, sitting, standing, stooping, carrying, reaching and manual dexterity is required. The Administrative Assistant must be highly organized and able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, and prioritize accordingly. S/he must meet established deadlines, is enthusiastic, has a positive demeanor and is a creative problem-solver.
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume and three references to:
Marie Sugden, Coordinator of Special Projects
10 Water Street, Suite 106
Waterville, ME 04901
Waterville Creates! does not discriminate in its employment on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, or military or veteran’s status. Waterville Creates! is an equal opportunity employer and operates in accordance with federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination.