Call for Registration: Women's History Month Exhibition 2018
- January 22, 2018
2nd Call for Exhibitors!
Women's History Month
March & April 2018 Exhibit
at the Southwest Harbor Public Library
Registration Deadline: February 7th
Inspired by the Written Word
of Maine Women
An exhibition of works by women -- young, old and
in-between -- from our MDI community
- For the 2018 exhibit, select a favorite phrase, passage, prose or poem, published or unpublished, by one of Maine's many women authors. Find your own source or come into the Library and ask at the Front Desk to see our table with ideas.
- Use that written work to inspire you to create your item for the exhibition.
The woman author you select may be a children's
author, a fiction writer, biographer, writer of cookbooks,
gardening books or scientific books, a lyricist or more,
published or unpublished. The authors are all women from Maine,
or they have made Maine their home for a significant stretch
of their lives. In the description of your piece, you will
name the author and the work that inspired you.
- You may use any medium to create your item, and you need not be an "artist" to participate.
- Registration closes Wednesday, February 7, 2018. Click on the link (above and below) to register today.
Entries are accepted on first-come, first-served basis.
- Deliver your item to the Library, fully ready for display, between February 22 and 28, 2018.
Instructions on how to prepare your item for exhibit will be emailed to you after you register.
The Library will also need a high resolution, digital image of
your work, and will send those instructions upon registration.
- Exhibit opens Monday, March 5, 2018.
- Opening Reception Tuesday, March 6, 5:30-7pm.
- Programs at the SWHPL, along the 2018 theme, will be held during the month of March.
Watch your email inbox and for print announcements of these
enriching programs featuring Maine women authors.
- Exhibit closes Friday, April 27, 2018.
Filter Press Releases
Southwest Public Library338 Maine Street
Southwest Harbor ME 04679