Seeking Part Time Office Manager - Holocaust and Human Rights Center of Maine
- July 28, 2017
Holocaust and Human Rights Center of Maine
Seeking Part Time (30 hours per week) Office Manager
The Holocaust and Human Rights Center of Maine, located at the Michael Klahr Center on the campus of the University of Maine at Augusta seeks an Office Manager – 30 hours per week, plus benefits, including health insurance, contribution to a health savings account, and paid vacation.
We are looking for an individual with great energy; high levels of motivation and organization; the ability to think creatively, multi-task, and remain calm when the occasional curve ball is thrown their way; a willingness to collaborate; a sharp eye for detail; excellent communication skills; and a good sense of humor.
The Office Manager is often the first person who visitors or callers meet, and should be friendly, outgoing, and a good listener. The HHRC is a small, three-person staff, governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. We partner with numerous groups and individuals each year, so the Office Manager must be a team player who is comfortable meeting and working with a wide variety of people.
For more information about the HHRC, email Executive Director Elizabeth Helitzer at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us online at: hhrcmaine.org
Office Management Responsibilities
● Regularly interfaces with public;
● Responsible for correspondence between center and donors;
● Works to expand the income and reach of the center in conjunction with the Executive Director and Program Director;
● Oversees communication with staff and faculty of the University of Maine at Augusta;
● Oversees communication with outside organizations and project partners;
● Maintains Donor database;
● Inputs bills, processes checks for vendors, makes deposits, and oversees timely bill payments;
● Works with Executive Director to effectively manage the human resources of the organization, including maintenance of personnel files and compliance with federal and state employment laws;
● Serves as occasional docent/tour guide for day to day visitors, school groups and community members;
● Assists Executive Director, Program Director, and Board to execute the mission:
We use the lessons of the Nazi Holocaust and other genocides to combat prejudice and discrimination in Maine and beyond. We encourage individuals and communities to reflect and act upon their ethical and moral responsibilities in our modern world.
The ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate will bring the following skills and demonstrated experience to the Holocaust and Human Rights Center of Maine:
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
● Demonstrated success meeting deadlines and achieving targeted goals.
● Ability to interact with community members and donors from diverse cultural, economic, educational, political, and vocational backgrounds.
● Proficiency with software, including Quickbooks, Microsoft Word and Excel, Mailchimp, and Little Green Light.
Compensation and benefits:
● Salary in the low-20s, commensurate with experience.
● Benefits include full health and dental insurance, contribution to health savings account, two weeks of paid vacation after six months of employment, and sick leave.
Additional Job Information
How To Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to the attention of Elizabeth Helitzer, Executive Director, at Elizabeth.email@example.com Application Deadline: We will accept applications until the position is filled.
Category: Office Manager/Administrative
Job Type: 30 hours a week – generally 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Salary: Low-20s, commensurate with experience
Start Date: Negotiable
Specific Location: Michael Klahr Center, UMA, 46 University Drive, Augusta, ME 04330