The Ticket to Ride program provides funding to defray the cost of travel for Maine schools wishing to visit Maine arts based venues and events as part of a well-rounded curriculum. The goals of the trip should support student learning and be aligned with the Maine Learning Results Visual and/or Performing Arts standards. Any PK-12 school in Maine with a documented free and reduced lunch student population between 30 and 49 percent is eligible to receive support of up to $300 each school year. Any PK-12 school in Maine with a documented free and reduced lunch student population of 50 percent or greater is eligible to receive support of up to $500 each school year. Applications are accepted throughout the year and funding will be made available approximately one month after they are submitted. Schools may apply more than once a year as long as they are applying to attend a different event, bringing a different student population or have not expended their eligible amount.
This program is currently funded thanks to the generosity of the Betterment Fund and proceeds from The Art of Giving Gala sponsored by DownEast Magazine.
NOTE: The Ticket to Ride application is now located in the Grants Management System (GMS).
- Download the Ticket to Ride Application Help Sheet for helpful instructions on completing your application.
- To access the Ticket to Ride Application Form log into our Grants Management System. If you do not have an account click “New User?” to create one. The account is free and you can browse application requirements without applying.
- When you have logged in, locate the Ticket to Ride grant description.
- Read the guidelines, complete and submit the application. After your application has been submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
- Completed applications must be submitted at least 3 weeks before the scheduled trip in order for the application to be processed in time.
Parties interested in funding or partnering on the Ticket to Ride program are asked to contact Argy Nestor, Director of Arts Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207/287-2713.