IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT PROJECT GRANT FOR ORGANIZATIONS APPLICATION RESTRICTIONS
Applicants are welcome to apply to all grant programs in a cycle, but will need to select one if multiple grants across certain programs are awarded. Grant awardees may NOT accept more than one grant from the following programs in the same year: Partnership, Project Grant for Organizations or Organizational Development. However, grant awardees in any of these three programs ARE eligible to receive Arts Learning, Arts & Humanities, Creative Aging and Creative Communities = Economic Development grants during the same cycle.
Application Deadline: Spring 2019
Maximum Award: $5,000
The Project Grant for Organizations is designed to support creative projects throughout Maine. Grant funds assist arts organizations with the production of high-quality creative activities, the creation of new work, and the continuation of successful arts programs. Projects can be in any artistic discipline and on any scale.
There is a 1:1 required in-kind or cash match for the grant.
The funding cycle for this program is July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019. Funds will not be available until after July 1, and cannot be spent for activities outside the funding cycle dates.
Your organization is eligible to apply only if it meets all of the following criteria:
- Is a nonprofit organization, legally established in the state of Maine.
- Has a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service or is a unit of municipal, county or tribal government.
- Is in compliance with final reports required for any previous Maine Arts Commission awards received.
Please log into our Grants Management System. Your account is free and you can browse grant guidelines and requirements for all programs without applying. Your account also gives you the ability to add your entry to our Artists and Organizations Directory and to post press releases and events to this site's news and calendar sections.
Agency staff are always here as a resource for you. We recommend contacting the correct staff person a minimum of two-weeks prior to submitting your application.
For specific questions about the Project Grant for Organizations please contac the appropriate agency staff person based on the discipline of your application.
- Craft and Visual Arts applicants: Julie Horn, Visual Arts Director at email@example.com or 207-287-2790.
- Media Arts and Performing Arts applicants: Mr. Kerstin Gilg, Media and Performing Arts Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-287-6719.
- Traditional Arts applicants: Kathleen Mundell, Traditional Arts Specialist at moc.oohay@1002secruoserlarutluc or 207-236-6741.
- Literary Arts applicants: Julie Richard, Executive Director, at email@example.com or 207-287-2710.
Grant information is available in large print format by request. All Maine Arts Commission programs are accessible to people with disabilities. All programs funded by the Maine Arts Commission must also be accessible.
Get Started in our Grants Management System (GMS)
Need More Help?
For General Questions:
Director of Grants & Accessibility
Kerstin Gilg: 287-6719
Help by Discipline:
Performing & Media Arts Director
Kerstin Gilg: 287-6719
Visual Arts Director
Julie Horn: 287-2790
Arts Education Director
Argy Nestor: 287-2713
Traditional Arts Specialist
Kathleen Mundell: 236-6741