The Arts Commission offers multiple forms of Professional Development
ranging from meetings and convenings to workshops to technical support, to fit the wide range of needs in Maine's arts and cultural field.
Meetings, Convenings, & Workshops
- The Maine International Conference on the Arts, a biennial, statewide gathering featuring more than 80 presenters in five key tracks, plus two inspiring keynotes and much more.
- The Maine Arts Leadership Initiative offers the state's arts educators, teacher-leaders, and teaching artists regular opportunities to advance their learning on subjects ranging from assessment to proficiency-based learning to the use of technology in the classroom.
- Mega-Regional Workshops
- Summer Institutes
- Special Topic Seminars
- Annual Regional Meetings: the 2019 Iditarod
- Partnership Site Visits
- One-on-one and Board consultations: Commission staff together represent many years of working as individual artists; entrepreneurs; and nonprofit arts organization staff as well as arts administrators. We are available on a first-come, first-serve as available basis to provide support for organizational needs including but not limited to the following. Please contact Executive Director Julie Richard for details.
- Strategic and Cultural Planning
- Development Strategy and Planning
- Financial Management
- Cultural Facilities Management
- Marketing and Communications
- Program Development
- Cultural Tourism Strategies
- COMING SOON! A Peer-to-Peer Network to access for technical support. Stay tuned: sign up for our monthly e-newsletter and/or Facebook page for details!