Development Director, Waterville Creates!
- September 10, 2018
Full Time (40 hours per week) Exempt status
Position starts: January 2, 2019
Waterville Creates! (WC!) seeks a highly qualified and dynamic Development Director to serve as a valuable member of its collaborative organization. As a member of the senior leadership team, the Development Director will be responsible for the development, oversight, and implementation of a comprehensive development plan for Waterville Creates! and
- Work respectfully and collaboratively with the President + CEO, the board, and other WC! staff to advance the development goals of WC!
- Create and oversee the implementation of both an annual and a long-term development plan for WC! to include but not be limited to the following components: annual fund, corporate and foundation support, development events, endowment, planned giving, membership, and capital campaigns
- Work with members of the senior leadership team and the board to identify, assess, cultivate, solicit and steward viable prospects, donors, sponsors, members, grant-makers, in-kind supporters, and partners
- Work closely with the President + CEO to manage ongoing and future capital campaigns
- Assist the President + CEO in the identification, development, writing, editing, and submission of grants and proactively lead follow up reporting as required
- Lead the development and successful implementation of annual fundraising events to support the full breadth of programming offered by WC! and its partners
- Keep rigorous, accurate donor profiles and track donor communications and meetings in OvationTix (WC!’s ticketing and donor database) to support the moves management process and ensure
memory of donor cultivation and relationships.
- Attend staff, Board, committee meetings, and events as appropriate and requested
- Be a professional, articulate, enthusiastic, and informed ambassador of WC!
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested by the President + CEO
- Duties will require occasional weekend and evening work
- Enthusiastic, flexible, and positive demeanor, creative problem solver
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and proofreading skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines and handle multiple concurrent priorities
- Bachelor’s degree
five years of development experience in a management role
- Proven success at meeting and exceeding revenue goals
- Extensive experience with capital campaigns and major donor programs with proven and demonstrated record in securing major gifts
- Proven successful interactions with nonprofit boards and a diverse array of community stakeholders
- Excellent computer/technology skills, especially in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and social media platforms
- Experience using a CRM database, such as OvationTix, Blackbaud, DonorPerfect, or similar software
- Experience in an arts and/or arts education environment
- Criminal background check required
- Valid Drivers’ License required
Work is performed in a general office environment. Light lifting (up to 50 pounds) required. Full range of physical mobility including walking, sitting, standing, stooping, carrying, reaching and manual dexterity is required. Ability to multi-task is required.
Interested applicants should send cover letter, writing
Marie Sugden, Coordinator of Special Projects
10 Water Street, Suite 106
Waterville, ME 04901
Applications will be accepted through October 15, 2018.
Waterville Creates! does not discriminate in its employment on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, or military or veteran’s status. Waterville Creates! is an equal opportunity employer and operates in accordance with federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination.