It's National Arts In Education Week
- September 12, 2017
To be sure that you are best prepared for the week, please find tons of information below:
- Check out the new Splash Page for the week, which is now housed at www.NationalArtsInEducationWeek.org. This is intended for a 101-level audience to move them toward action.
- Don’t forget about the numerous ways you can lead the celebration in your community found on this page (which I am sure you are visited before). Be sure to utilize the 5 Ways to Partner Packet and the #BecauseOfArtsEd Social Media Campaign How To Guide.
- Check out the files in this Promo Pack, which include multiple versions of the logo, graphics for social media, a model press release (which you can adapt for your community) and the major talking points for the week.
- For the most up-to-date and ready-to-share material, you may consider RSVPing for the Facebook event or sharing it with your friend on Facebook.
- We will be sending out a newsletter on Monday, Sept 11 with all of the info regarding the week, if you are not on the list for the Creativity Connection, please sign up here.
- If you would like some swag to give out at an event, please let me know by replying to this press release: we have brochures, wrist bands, buttons, and bumper stickers.
- Some other things you might consider:
- If you are holding an event, please be sure to post it on ArtsMeet, the national arts event calendar. (submit button is in the left hand navigation bar)
- Share this video invite, featuring actor and educator, Gabrielle Ruiz (from CW’s Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and Broadway’s In the Heights fame)
- Have you seen the new infographics, check them on AFTA’s Instagram (@Americans4Arts), Twitter (here, here, here, here, here, and here), and Facebook (here, here, and here).
- If you engage in advocacy, be sure to sign and share the petition to Sec. of Education Betsy DeVos and encourage others to submit an op-ed to their local newspaper.
Lastly, we will be sending out daily recaps of relevant links and happenings nation-wide that you might want to be in the know about. If you’d like to be on this distribution list, please contact Jeff Poulin.