Open Call to Artists: Richard Boyd Art Gallery
- March 28, 2018
(Portland, ME) Richard Boyd Art Gallery is accepting submissions of original works of visual art created by artists' with a connection to the state of Maine for an exhibition opening November 1, 2018.
The exhibit Off the Wall: Satire in Contemporary American Art features work exploring topics relevant to the 21st century joined by a common theme - satire. Works considered will engage the viewer to discover the hidden truth, or pause to reflect on the issue at hand.
There is no cost to submit works for consideration. Artists are invited to submit up to five high resolution jpeg images to firstname.lastname@example.org . All works must be satirical in nature and can address a range of topics from political and religious, to environmental and social.
Deadline for submission August 1, 2018. Artists will be notified no later than August 10, 2018 via email of works selected for the exhibit. This is a month long exhibit and artists whose works are selected will need to sign a consignment agreement with the gallery for this specific exhibition. The gallery will receive a thirty percent commission from the sale of art works in the exhibit which goes to pay the gallery's overhead.
CRITERIA FOR SUBMISSIONS:
- Artists must have a connection to the state of Maine.
- Works must be original works of visual art.
- Each artist can submit up to five high resolution jpeg images suitable for print.
- Each image must be labeled with the artist's name, title of the work (if untitled specify Untitled Work), unframed dimensions, and retail.
- All submissions must be gallery ready.
- Submissions must include the artist's contact information - physical address, phone number, and website link if applicable. This information is for gallery use only and will not be shared.
- Include an artist statement about the work, artist Bio and CV if available.
- All submitting artists retain copyright to their images.
- Artist recognition is provided with any use.
- By submission for consideration, artists whose works are selected for the exhibition grant Richard Boyd Art Gallery the right to use their images for the purpose of promoting the artist, promoting the gallery's exhibitions and subsquent display on the Gallery's website of current, upcoming, and past exhibitions.
- Promotions and images may also be placed on social networks for Richard Boyd Art Gallery with artist credit.
Send submissions by post to Richard Boyd Art Gallery, 15 Epps Street, Peaks Island Portland, ME 04108 or via email to email@example.com please put November 2018 Call to Artists as the Subject Headline.
For additional information about the exhibit or if you have questions concerning criteria for submission contact Pam Williamson by phone at (207)-712-1097.
Richard Boyd Art Gallery