PDF - GuidelinesPDF - How to Apply
Application Deadline: April 20, 2017
Maximum award: $2,000
The Jane Morrison Memorial Film Fund supports educational opportunities for filmmakers. Funds from this program are designed to help filmmakers take advantage of opportunities to develop their skills and keep them current with film technology and standards.
Funds can be applied towards enrichment opportunities at educational institutions, film workshops, seminars, and festivals. In the past, funds have been used for classes at Maine Media Workshops, and attendance at the Summer Film Institute in New York and the Sundance Institute in Utah.
No match or nonprofit affiliation is required.
This funding cycle for this program is July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018.
You are eligible to apply only if you meet all of the following criteria:
- Have resided full-time in Maine for at least one year immediately prior to the application deadline.
- Will reside full-time in Maine throughout the funding period.
- Are 18 years of age or older at the time of the application.
- Are not a student enrolled in a degree or certificate-granting program.
- Are in compliance with final reports required for any previous Maine Arts Commission award you have received.
A complete application package for the Jane Morrison Memorial Film Fund contains:ONLINE
- Completed answers to all the narrative prompts.
- Resume, curriculum vitae or bio of the applicant.
- No more than 15 pieces of appropriate support material:
- No more than15 minutes total of audio/video material, which can consist of up to 10 individual samples;
- Up to 5 samples of non-audio/video materials.
BY MAIL OR FAX
Completed State of Maine Vendor Form with exactly the same name and contact information as used in your application
(All character counts include spaces 2,550 characters/page)
- Define the opportunity, including the cost and any additional expenses if applicable. If the cost is more than the grant amount, explain how you will cover the difference. (1,950 characters max.)
- What makes this opportunity artistically strong? Please include the instructor's background and any awards or honors you will receive after completion of the opportunity. (1,275 characters max.)
- How will this opportunity advance your career and creative practice? (1,275 characters max.)
- Tell us about your plan to complete this opportunity. Please include the following: a timeline and examples of similar opportunities that you have successfully completed. (2,550 characters max)
- How will the opportunity benefit the public? Please include the following: description of the community that the opportunity will impact; elements of social good and engagement anticipated from this opportunity; and partnerships and collaborations surrounding this project. (1,950 characters max.)
Grant awards may not be re-granted nor used the purchase of equipment , film production costs, artist fees or salaries.
APPLICATION REVIEW CRITERIA
The Jane Morrison Film Fund is reviewed on a competitive basis using the following criteria:
- Creative Practice (40%)
- Artistic Strength (30%)
- Capacity (15%)
- Application Completeness (10%)
- Community Impact (5%)
APPLICATION REVIEW CRITERIA
Applications are reviewed by a panel of public members selected for their expertise in film, media and education.All grant recommendations are presented to Maine Arts Commission members who approve the review process, making the grant official. T
The review process and delivery of funds may take up to six months. This means that grant funds may be used to reimburse costs which have been incurred for the project after the grant has been approved but prior to funds being disbursed. Please plan accordingly
Agency staff are always here as a resource to you. We recommend contacting the correct staff person a minimum of two-weeks prior to submitting your application.
|GENERAL QUESTIONS about the application or review process||Kathy Ann Shaw Senior Grants Director firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-287-2750.|
|SPECIFIC QUESTIONS about the Jane Morrison Memorial Film Fund application||Kerstin Gilg Media and Performing Arts Director email@example.com or 207-287-6719|
Grant information is available in large print format by request. All Maine Arts Commission programs are accessible to people with disabilities. All programs funded by the Maine Arts Commission must also be accessible.