Application Deadline: April 21, 2016 at 5 p.m.
Maximum award: $2,000
The Jane Morrison Memorial Film Fund supports educational opportunities for filmmakers. Funds from this program are designed to help filmmakers take advantage of opportunities that develop their skills and keep them current with film technology and standards.
Funds can be applied towards enrichment opportunities at educational institutions, film workshops, seminars and festivals. In the past, funds have been used for classes at the Maine Media Workshops, attendance at the Summer Film Institute in New York and the Sundance Institute in Utah.
No funding match nor nonprofit affiliation are required.
This funding cycle is for this program is July 1, 2015 and June 30, 2016.
You are eligible to apply if you meet all of the following criteria:
- Have resided full-time in Maine for at least one year immediately prior to the application deadline.
- Will reside full-time in Maine throughout the funding period.
- Are 18 years of age or older at the time of the application.
- Are not a matriculated student enrolled in a degree or certificate-granting program.
- Are in compliance with final reports required for any previous Maine Arts Commission award you have received.
APPLICATION REVIEW CRITERIA
The Jane Morrison Film Fund is reviewed on a competitive basis using the following criteria:
ArtistIc Strength (35%)
Creative Practice (35%)
Community Impact (5%)
Application Quality (10%)
(All character counts include spaces 4,400 characters/page)
- Define the opportunity, including the cost and any additional expenses, if applicable. If the cost is more than the grant amount, explain how you will cover the difference. (3,450 characters max.)
- What makes this opportunity artistically strong? Please include the instructor's background and any awards or honors you will receive after completion of the opportunity. (2,300 characters max.)
- How will this opportunity advance your career and creative practice? (2,300 characters max.)
- Tell us about your plan to complete this opportunity. Please include the following: a timeline and examples of similar opportunities that you have successfully completed. (4,600 characters max.)
- How will the opportunity benefit the public? Please include the following: description of the community that the opportunity will impact; elements of social good and engagement anticipated from this opportunity; and partnerships and collaborations surrounding this project. (3,450 characters max.)
Grant awards may not be re-granted nor used the purchase of equipment , film production costs, artist fees or salaries.
A complete application package for the Jane Morrison Memorial Film Fund contains:ONLINE
- Complete answers to all the narrative prompts
- Resume, curriculum vitae, or bio of the applicant
- Upt to 15 minutes total of audio/video material, which can consist of up to five individual samples
- Up to five samples of non-audio/video materials
BY MAIL OR FAX
Completed State of Maine Vendor Form with exactly the same name and contact information as used in your application
The Maine Arts Commission reserves the right to use submitted materials in the promotion of the artist and/or Maine Arts Commission programs. The material will be used in a promotional manner only and will not be used for commercial purposes.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are submitted via the agency’s Grants Management System (GMS). Some Internet Explorer users have experienced problems during the application process. Because of this, we strongly recommend that you use the Firefox or Chrome web browser to access the GMS and submit your application.
In order to use the GMS and create your application, you must have a user account (username and password) on the Maine Arts Commission website. This is not the same account that you have used with the previous eGRANT system.ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT?To begin your application, click HERE and enter your Maine Arts Commission username and password. After you have logged in, select the 'Read More' link at the bottom of the funding opportunity you are interested in and follow the prompts to enter your application information. Be sure to click the ‘Save and Next’ button before moving on to the next part of the application. DON’T HAVE AN ACCOUNT?There’s no charge to set one up and it only takes a few minutes. At the login screen, click ‘New User?’ in the lower right corner and then key in the information as indicated. Click HERE to reach the login screen. FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD?If you know your username but have forgotten your password, click the ‘Forgot Password’ link at the bottom middle of the login screen. Click HERE to reach the login screen. OTHER ACCOUNT QUESTIONS?Help with various topics is available HERE.
The sidebar menu on this page contains helpful information about the application process and guidance for writing your application and you are welcome to contact agency staff to discuss your ideas at any time prior to the application deadline. You may also request an informal consultation about your completed application narrative two weeks or more prior to the application deadline.
GENERAL QUESTIONS—Questions about the application or review process may be directed to Kathy Ann Shaw, Senior Director for Grants and Arts Accessibility, at email@example.com or 207-287-2750.
SPECIFIC QUESTIONS—Please direct specific questions about your Jane Morrison Memorial Film Fund application to Kerstin Gilg, Media and Performing Arts Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-287-6719.
Grant information is available in large print format by request. All Maine Arts Commission programs are accessible to people with disabilities. All programs funded by the Maine Arts Commission must also be accessible.