TEMPOart seeking Executive Director
- August 21, 2019
We are excited to announce that TEMPOart is hiring its first Executive Director to provide leadership and management to help realize our mission. Founded in 2015 and privately funded we focus on energizing Portland’s public spaces through temporary art exhibits – engaging residents and visitors, enriching the creative community and enhancing Portland’s reputation as a world-class city. We provide opportunities for artists to experiment with new mediums, highlight current issues and engage a wide audience. We partner with other non-profit educational and cultural institutions, using each project to inspire innovative learning opportunities for all ages.
We are looking for an experienced leader to partner with our Board of Directors and further secure the organization’s future by:
- Expanding awareness of the organization and its mission
- Continuing our trajectory of success in fundraising through effective donor communication and grant writing
- Managing and guiding the organization as we refine and execute on our strategic priorities
- Effectively partnering with artists, the city and our community collaborators
- Overseeing the planning and execution of yearly exhibits and fundraising events
- Working with the Board of Directors to set and realize financial goals
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Experience working in the nonprofit world
- Experience in the arts
- A demonstrated record of collaborating with a Board of Directors and community organizations
- Ability to effectively network and identify fundraising opportunities
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to see and suggest improvements in operations
- Excellence in written and verbal skills (including public speaking)
- Administrative experience
- (TEMPOart currently uses GSuite, Donor Database Software (Little Green Light Salesforce), Quickbooks Online, Adobe Suite, Mailchimp, Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) Wordpress)
Our new Executive Director will report to the Board of Trustees and the Board President. This is a full-time position requiring someone with flexibility to attend meetings and events. We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial and independent spirit and the ability to work from home.
While TEMPOart is unable to provide benefits at this time the salary is competitive.
Please send a resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1, 2019.