Grant reviews for the Maine Arts Commission are conducted through the Grants Management System; the same system that the applicants use. Evaluation, scoring, and notes are all managed within this system.
Our philosophy for panelists is that the review team shall provide helpful and constructive comments of the grants they read. For the time they are meeting, panelists serve as mentors and partners of each applicant (organization or individual). Funded or not, the Maine Arts Commission's review process strives be educational and helpful to each grant applicant.
What you put into it
- Your expertise and advice for applicants
- Several hours of reading applications
- A few hours of discussion on panel day
- Your advice to us about how to make programs more effective
What you get out of it
- Being part of decision-making in state government
- Meeting your peers in Maine who are also panelists
- Make new connections with artists, organizations, and colleagues
- Learn about clever ideas, innovative projects, and the folks making things happen
- Develop grant-making skills
Interested in serving as a panelist?
Let us know by filling out this short form. We’ll be in touch if we have a placement for you.