Call for Art: Veteran's Art Exhibition 2023
- September 21, 2023
Maine Arts Commission Calls for Veterans' Art for Fall 2023 Exhibition
Augusta, Maine – The Maine Arts Commission is excited to announce a call for art for the upcoming Fall 2023 Maine Veterans Art Exhibition, to be held at the State Capitol Complex in Augusta. This exhibition offers a unique platform for Maine Veterans to showcase their artistic talents and share their experiences with the wider community.
Maine Veterans are invited to submit up to two pieces of two-dimensional artwork. Selected works will be prominently displayed at various locations within the State Capitol Complex, including the Burton Cross Office Building (second floor), and at the Maine Arts Commission, from November 1 - February 27, 2023. As part of National Veterans and Military Families Month in November, all selected artists, along with their friends and families, will be invited to a celebratory ceremony of the exhibit at the State House Hall of Flags on November 9. The ceremony will include speeches and a presentation of custom-made Quilts of Valor for each new veteran artist participating in the exhibition. To honor this day, the Maine Arts Commission partnered with the Maine Bureau of Veterans’ Services, The Peace Gallery of Damariscotta, and Quilts of Valor Foundation.
Key Dates for Fall 2023:
- September 5 - October 17: Registration Open
- October 23-27: Art Drop Off
- October 30-31: Exhibit Installation
- November 1 - February 27: Exhibit at Burton M. Cross Building
- November 9- Celebration at Hall of Flags
- February 29: Art Removal
- March 1 - 10: Art Pick Up
Once registered, participating Veterans will receive communication detailing the coordination of art drop-off and subsequent steps.
- Only two-dimensional mounted or framed artwork will be accepted.
- Artworks may be exhibited either vertically or horizontally (please indicate your preference).
- All artwork must be labeled on the back with the artist's name and contact information.
- Please refrain from sending or delivering artwork in cylinders or mailing tubes.
- All artwork must be ready for hanging, securely framed, or professionally mounted on a hard surface with appropriate picture wire.
For additional information or inquiries, please reach out to Khristina Kurasz, Program Director at the Maine Arts Commission, via email at Khristina.firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the official website at www.mainearts.maine.gov. Don't miss this opportunity to celebrate the artistic talents of Maine's Veterans. Join us in honoring their contributions to our vibrant artistic community. We look forward to an inspiring showcase of creativity and expression.
Filter Press Releases
Khristina Kurasz193 State Street
Augusta ME 04333