Education + Outreach Coordinator
- July 01, 2021
Education + Outreach Coordinator
Full Time, Exempt Status
Reports to: Education + Outreach Manager
The Education + Outreach Coordinator serves as a valuable member of our collaborative organization and plays a key role in the Education + Outreach initiatives across all divisions of Waterville Creates. The Education + Outreach Coordinator is a cooperative, adaptive, and professional member of the WC team and plays a vital role in assisting the Education + Outreach Manager with all aspects related to WC’s educational and outreach programming, while ensuring access and engagement for all members of the community.
• Provide programmatic and logistic support, including volunteer coordination and management, for key programs including, Art in the Park, Art Kits for All, Afterschool Art classes + events, SLICE (Students Learning Innovative Creative Endeavors), Waterville Opera House theatre camps, Maine Film + Video Conference + Festival, special events, and other programs as required.
• In coordination with Education + Outreach Manager, order supplies and materials to support classes + educational programs.
• Manage pre- and post-program communication with parents, students, and other program participants.
• Attend weekly administrative/marketing/program meetings to effectively communicate and plan WC’s education and outreach initiatives utilizing a collaborative team approach.
• Provide key information and promotional images regarding current and future program content to Marketing Associate in order to maximize exposure of education and outreach program.
• Attend Program Committee meetings as required, recording official minutes to ensure accurate documentation of the meeting.
• Record all program attendance for record keeping, program tracking, and marketing purposes.
• Perform other duties as assigned/required.
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
• Three years in an educational, non-profit, or arts-related organization preferred.
• Proven ability to work with diverse audiences in a collaborative manner is essential.
• Exceptional organizational skills and capability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
• Positive, enthusiastic demeanor.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
• Creative problem-solving skills.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Valid Drivers’ License
• Criminal Background Check Required
Work is performed in a general art studio environment. Light lifting (up to 50 pounds) required. Full range of physical mobility including walking, sitting, standing, stooping, carrying, reaching and manual dexterity is required.
Waterville Creates (WC) seeks qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences to apply for the opportunity to join our team. WC is committed to building a more equitable work environment that includes a wide array of voices. We believe a diverse workforce strengthens our organization by increasing representation, expanding access, and building a strong creative coalition for the work we undertake. Waterville Creates is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply: email email@example.com with cover letter, resume, and three references. Include "Education and Outreach Coordinator Position" in the subject line.