Latest News On Shuttered Venue Operators Grant
- June 07, 2021
Here is the latest SBA briefing as reported by the Arts Action Fund as of June 3, 2021:
- More technical snags related to Tax Form 4506-T and the Do Not Pay lists have internally moved thousands of applications into “Complex in Review” status, requiring resolution by either a higher-level SBA officer or the applicant. SBA will also be updating the instructions to better explain how to correct your Form 4506-T for your specific situation. In the meantime, please visit the SBA's Post-Application FAQs.
- The latest email notice that the SBA sent out this week asked several hundred applicants in Priority One to remove their name from the federal “Do Not Pay” list by contacting the Social Security Administration to prove that they are not deceased (I’m not kidding). Business Employer Identification Numbers (EIN) were incorrectly run through the Social Security Administration database of personal social security numbers. It turns out that many EIN numbers are a match with very old social security numbers from decades earlier of deceased persons. The SBA said that they are quickly rectifying this issue themselves, as long as the names do not also match, and they will be sending emails tonight or tomorrow to those SVOG applicants to inform them that the issue is resolved.
- SBA has added more staff to process SVOG applications. All applications are under review, even if your application online only says “submitted.” It’s just another computer glitch.
- SBA is still committed to finalize processing of all Priority One applications by June 9th.
- SBA will also soon be e-mailing out award decline letters. Please remember that if you get one of these letters, you will have an opportunity to re-apply.
- Please send me examples of any problems you incur with the SBA, so that I can bring it to their attention immediately.
- There are still ample funds in the SVOG program and all eligible organizations and individuals are encouraged to still apply at www.svograntportal.sba.gov/s/.
- The SBA number to call for SVOG technical questions is 1-800-659-2955.
- To date, only 50 Priority One applications have received award notifications, but SBA will be working through the weekend to meet their June 9thdeadline. SBA will be posting regular program updates on numbers.