Maine Arts Commission seeking Performing & Media Arts Program Director
- January 18, 2019
Maine Arts Commission
Development Program Officer – Performing and Media Arts Director
CLASS CODE 0566 PAY GRADE 26 - $45,094.40 - $ 61,235.20/annually
OPEN: January 18, 2019
CLOSED: February 15, 2019
The Performing and Media Arts Director will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight in planning, development and implementation of media and performance arts programs and projects; regularly surveying and meeting with leaders and artists in the media and performing arts field.
- Identify, document, communicate and respond to current needs for each sector.
- Provide regular updates of the workflow and production in the monthly work report;
- Direct, organize and curate ongoing programming to benefit the Media and Performing Arts fields, including but not limited, to cultural tourism initiatives such as the Maine-New Brunswick Partnership.
- Developing and initiating programs and projects to benefit the media and performing arts field and meeting the goals outlined in the cultural plan.
- Acting as an information resource, both internally and externally, which requires consistent monitoring of the national trends.
- Managing the media and performing arts grants reviews
- Curate, organize and direct ongoing agency programs.
- Direct and manage logistics for bi-annual Maine International Conference on the Arts, in addition to other events and forums.
- Assist with the implementation of ArtsEngageME as needed and as directed.
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of principles and practices of public administration and financial management.
- Knowledge of state and federal grant management laws, rules, and regulations.
- Knowledge of theories and practices of community, business, and/or resource development planning and program implementation.
- Knowledge of government mechanisms, capabilities, and constraints.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to write clearly and effectively.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of people representing a diversity of interests.
- Ability to direct and oversee professional and clerical staff.
A six (6) year combination of experience, education, and training of a progressively responsible nature in financial, public, business, and/or resource management to include supervisory experience.
Preference will be given to applicants who possess a BA in Performing Arts, Arts Administration or related field, in addition to having a minimum of 5 years work experience.
Please visit https://www.maine.gov/fps/opportunities/ where you will find the posting for this position. Click “apply now” and upload both your resume’ and cover letter.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Mindy Hansen, HR Generalist
The value of State’s share of Employee’s Retirement: 15.37% of salary for BU positions. The value of State-paid Dental Insurance: $13.13 biweekly. The value* of State-paid Health Insurance:
- Level 1: 100% State Contribution (employee pays nothing): $444.68 biweekly
- Level 2: 95% State Contribution (employee pays 5%): $422.45 biweekly
- Level 3: 90% State Contribution (employee pays 10%): $400.21 biweekly
- Level 4: 85% State Contribution (employee pays 15%): $377.98 biweekly
*The level of the actual value of state paid Health Insurance will be based on the employee’s wage rate and status regarding the health credit premium program.
Filter Press Releases
Mindy Hansen193 State Street
Augusta ME 04333