Executive Director for Chocolate Church Arts Center
- May 09, 2023
The Chocolate Church Arts Center, located in the historic City of Bath and beautiful midcoast Maine, is looking for our next Executive Director!
The Executive Director serves as the chief operating officer of the Chocolate Church Arts Center (CCAC), working closely with and reporting to the President and Board of Directors. The Executive Director directs and/or administers programs, operations, and policies, in partnership with staff and independent contractors. The ED is involved in all areas of organization functioning, from financial management and fundraising to communications and programming. This is a hands-on position with both strategic thinking and direct, hands-on work.
The Board of Directors is actively developing a bold new 5-year strategic plan to position the organization for its next phase of growth and development. Additionally, over the next two years, we intend to complete a capital campaign feasibility study. The Executive Director will be an integral part of these processes. Strong strategic thinking, fundraising, and financial management skills are vital to this position.
Board Support: The Executive Director works with the Board to fulfill CCAC’s mission.
- Communicate closely and effectively with the Board President, Executive Committee Members, and Board Members
- Prepare materials for Board meetings and provide information necessary to make informed decisions
- Execute decisions made by the board, as delegated
- Advise the board and provide professional expertise
Financial Management: The Executive Director, in partnership with the Board, is responsible for the fiscal health of the organization.
- Take ownership of the budget by drafting annual and project budgets, tracking progress toward financial goals, and recommend adjustments as needed
- Actively seek opportunities to increase revenue and decrease costs
- Ensure responsible use of organizational resources
- Complete financial analysis of activities and make data-drivendecisions regarding future activities
Fundraising: The Executive Director leads fundraising activities for CCAC, including grant writing and administration, major and annual gift activity, sponsorship, and membership programs.
- Develop and execute annual giving and membership program strategy
- Act as lead major gift officer, as well as coordinate solicitations with board members and volunteer fundraisers
- Manage grant activity from researching, writing, and administering through close out and reporting.
- Coordinate special events
- Oversee donor acknowledgment and relationship building
Programming: The Executive Director works with the Board, staff,and other collaborators to ensure the CCAC mission is fulfilled through programs and community outreach.
- Create the annual programming plan
- Partner with local community arts groups to bring diverse acts to the CCAC stage
- Coordinate and book musical talent
- Advise the board on new programming opportunities to expand the CCAC mission and reach.
Communications: The Executive Director is the face of the CCAC to our members, the media, and the community.
- Communicate CCAC’s mission with passion and enthusiasm
- Create a marketing strategy to meet or exceed revenue goals and public relation strategy that builds CCAC’s external reputation
- Oversee staff responsible for external communications and carry out communications activities as needed
Operations: The Executive Director is tasked with additional activities critical to nonprofit management including:
- Volunteer management
- Staff and contractor management
- Building management, as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Understanding of non-profit operations and management
- Budget and financial management skills
- Demonstrated strategic thinking
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop collaborative partnerships including funders,volunteers, donors, and community members
- Excellent public speaking ability
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Filter Press Releases
Emily Ruger804 Washington Street
bath ME 04530