Hiring - Executive Director, Mayo Street Arts
- February 04, 2021
Mayo Street Arts is a community-based arts organization in Portland, ME, that believes in the power of arts to build community. Our building serves as a theater, a gallery, and artist space where we create programs to engage and reflect the diversity of our neighborhood. We create and host programs designed to inspire and connect people through music, dance, puppetry, and the visual arts. We seek a dynamic leader who shares our vision and can build on the success of our founding Executive Director who is departing after 11 years. We invite you to apply.
The Executive Director will oversee and provide strategic direction for our work. Responsibilities include:
• In accordance with MSA’s mission and strategic plan, set strategic vision and direction for programming activities.
• Lead MSA’s efforts on diversity, equity, and inclusion, coordinating with staff, board, and outside consultants.
• Oversee ongoing operation of MSA programs and grants.
• Provide direct supervision and support for staff members.
• Engage in ongoing community outreach and partnership building.
The ideal candidate will be perceptive, persistent, outgoing, entrepreneurial, adaptable, tactful, imaginative, and will possess:
• At least three years of relevant experience; previous leadership experience is required.
• Passionate belief in the arts and the value of engagement with diverse communities.
• Experience in planning and implementing multifaceted programs.
• Experience in presenting public programs or events.
• A strong history of community relationship building.
• Demonstrated commitment to collaboration, flexibility and problem-solving.
• Deep commitment to serving artists, arts audiences, neighbors, and youth.
This is a full-time position with a salary range of $55,000-$65,000, based on experience, plus benefits including Healthy Living Stipend (8% of base wages), Dental Plan, Retirement Plan, and generous PTO.
To apply, please forward a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the selection committee will request references for finalists.
To ensure full consideration, please apply by Monday, February 22, 2021.
MSA is an equal-opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and to hiring staff members who represent, reflect, and understand the wide range of communities and stakeholders we serve. Applicants with racially, ethnically, or culturally diverse identities or backgrounds are encouraged to apply. MSA does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities and will make reasonable accommodations when necessary.