Kennebunk's Bicentennial Art Exhibition
- September 27, 2019
Exhibition Dates: June 2, 2020 through December 22, 2020
Description: The Brick Store Museum is celebrating the Town of Kennebunk’s Bicentennial in 2020 through an art/history mash-up exhibition of historic artifacts and archival materials in the Museum’s collections interwoven with contemporary artists’ visions of Kennebunk today. The Museum seeks interested artists to help us illustrate our history.
Opening Reception: June 24, 2020, 4pm - 7pm. All artists are encouraged to attend.
Eligibility: All artists invited
Deadline to apply: December 15, 2019 (PLEASE REQUEST AN APPLICATION PACKAGE BY EMAILING email@example.com)
Submissions can be:
- All mediums (including 3D and photography)
- Up to 40”x40”
- Ready to hang
- One piece
Submission Fee (if accepted): $10
Artwork Drop Off: Tuesday, May 12, 2020, from 10am - 5pm (or before, if arranged in advance)
Artwork Pick Up: Friday, January 3, 2021, 10am - 5pm (artwork must be picked up within two weeks of this date or it will become property of the Brick Store Museum)
Works might consist of any of the following:
- A reinterpretation of an historic artifact, artwork, or photograph (artists are invited to visit the museum to select a piece. Please contact the Museum staff to make an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org);
- A Kennebunk landscape, structure, site, etc.;
- An abstract work based on the topic of “Kennebunk”;
- Any other artwork that discusses Kennebunk past, present or future.
PLEASE REQUEST AN APPLICATION PACKAGE BY EMAILING email@example.com. The deadline to apply for the show is December 15, 2019. Accepted artists will be notified on or around Wednesday, January 15, 2020 via email.
1) At time of drop off, artist must sign a Loan Agreement with the Brick Store Museum.
2) Artists will be asked to give permission to the Brick Store Museum to use images of his/her artwork for publicity purposes on the Museum website, on social media, and in press releases.
3) Artwork can be placed for sale at the artist’s discretion, but cannot be removed from the exhibition until it closes. Artists are also welcome to produce prints of their work for consignment sale in the Museum Store (70% to artist, 30% to Museum).
4) Final hanging decision is up to Brick Store Museum exhibition staff.
5) “Ready to Hang” requires every work (when applicable) to be wired and ready to hang. If a work arrives without proper hanging materials, the Museum will be forced to apply any needed hardware and invoice the artist for time and materials. If an artist has specific instructions for hanging, please include those with your delivery.