Maine Excellence in Arts Education
The Maine Arts Commission honors arts education by curating an annual student art exhibit featured throughout the Maine State House Complex. Maine Excellence in Arts Education recognizes the high quality of visual and performing arts by hosting a celebration that includes a reception for students and teachers alike.
Please consider submitting your students' artwork. The exhibition guidelines are located here. If you are interested in displaying artwork, please contact Director of Arts Education Martha Piscuskas at email@example.com.
Exhibit the Excellence in Arts Education 2018
Congratulations to the 160 students from SeDoMoCha (Dover-Foxcroft) and Marshwood (Eliot) Middle Schools, and the 36 students and their art teachers representing nine Maine schools honored at the Maine State House Hall of Flags on December 11, 2018.
The artwork is on exhibit in the State House Complex showcased in the Governor’s reception area, the Burton M. Cross building, and the Maine Arts Commission through April 2019. The following schools are currently on exhibit:
- Gorham Middle School, Teacher: Amy Cousins
- Hancock Grammar School, Teacher: Jane Snider
- Jonesport Elementary and Jonesport Beals High School, Teacher: Lisa Marin
- Marshwood Middle School, Eliot, Teacher: Melanie Crowe
- Maranacook Middle School, Readfield, Teacher: Hope Lord
- Oxford Hills High School, South Paris, Teacher: Cindi Kugell
- Brewer High School, Teacher: Lori Spruce
- Richmond Middle School and High School, Teacher: Jeffrey Orth
- Waterville High School, Teacher: Suzanne Goulet